2024 Lab Cohort nominations
Each year, TATI accepts nominations from program administrators and current supervisors of Teaching Artists. Most nominations come from Program Directors and Executive Directors, however any current supervisor of a Teaching Artist, including lead teachers, is allowed to submit a nomination.
There is no limit to the number of nominations made by one organization. However, please note that a maximum of 4 Teaching Artists per organization will be accepted to the Lab Cohort during any given year.
nominator and organization criteria
- Organizations may be any community music or El Sistema-inspired nonprofit, with a focus on K-12 music education.
- Organizations must be located in the United States, Canada, or US Territories.
- Nominators must be a current supervisor and employed at the same organization as the Teaching Artist.
- Nominator is confident their nominee(s) embody the TATI Core Values by demonstrating: a passion for music for social change, a personal commitment to social justice and anti-racist practices, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, curiosity and eagerness to learn and reflect, proven ability to work with peers.
TATI believes in providing multiple layers of support for each Cohort Member, which includes program support from TATI faculty, staff, and discussion leaders, as well as on-the-ground support from the Teaching Artist’s home program.
As such, having a Teaching Artist accepted to the Lab Cohort program also requires a level of commitment from their home program, in the following ways:
- Designate 1-2 program personnel who will provide ongoing “on the ground” support to your participating Teaching Artists.
- Complete pre and post program evaluations.
- Attend quarterly TATI admin Zoom meetings: Sept 22, Dec 15, Mar 15, June 7
- Conduct a bi-monthly informal observation of each TA and have a debrief conversation.
- Support TA with observing another TA in your organization for at least 1 class, bi-monthly.
- Record each TA teaching one 10 minute lesson of their choice, support with submitting.